Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quiltique



Today I did some real damage to my stash report. Yes, again. It is all because I went with my husband on a business trip to Las Vegas. 


See, last year I went with him on this same trip. It was my first time to Las Vegas. When we were flying out last year to come home I met a quilter in the airport. I had a total hip replacement some years back and I have to go through the scanner and wait to be cleared when I fly. 


I happened to have on a pair of socks from the The Twisted Stitcher that have quilt designs on them. The security lady standing with me waiting to clear me to go ahead saw my socks and asked me if I was a quilter.


 We had a conversation until the next person came through the scanner. She told me there was a great quilt shop near by. 


So, before heading out on the trip this year I found that quilt shop online.  
The quilt shop I visited today is Quiltique in Henderson. 


WOW! 
I think I can honestly say that is the best quilt shop I have ever been to.


Quilters have got to be the best group of people on this earth. I met my Christian sister in the longarm room.  


The lady that cut my fabric was originally from Pennsylvania close to where I grew up.


 It really is a small world.


They have a classroom that is to die for. Maybe if we do this same trip next year I can take a class.


And I got to see Swoon live and in person. (the quilt on the left) I have been thinking about ordering that pattern and when I saw it for real that clinched the deal. I will be ordering that after I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments! We're so glad you were able to stop by and enjoy the shop.

We do keep our classroom busy with classes - as many as 3 a day - so next time you come you can call and ask our class schedule, or check it out online... we're happy to help!

We happily ship patterns and fabric... let us know if you'd like to order the Swoon pattern (we're in love with it to, and thrilled to have the designer's original quilt hanging on our wall)! We're putting together a kit, too!

Hopefully we'll see you in the shop again soon!