Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some Of My Scrap Quilts


Since I participated in the Sew Scraps Along I got to thinking about some of the scrap quilts I have made.
Above is the quilt I made with the Sew Scraps Along using just green, brown, purple and orange fabric.


These are string quilts I made earlier this year. I pulled out some of my duller fabric and did not use those.




This is a string quilt I made several years ago. I still have not quilted it. For the strings in this quilt I used fabric I did not like.


I made this top in a class taught by Carol Nichols. I was inspired by one of her quilts which is pictured below.




For this quilt (still not quilted) my mom, 2 sisters and I exchanged blocks. 
The only constant is the marbled black center.
The quilt below was our inspiration. This picture was taken at the 
Sister's Oregon Outdoor Quilt Show in 2004.


I made this kaleidoscope quilt top in 1999 in a scrap bee. Each participant exchanged 4 1/2 inch strips of fabric. I quilted it in 2004. It was one of the first quilts I quilted on my longarm. It is also one of my all time favorite quilts. We use it in the family room all of the time. It gets washed pretty often and it feels wonderful.


This heart quilt was one of my very early quilts. It was probably made in 1998. My mom, 2 sisters and I exchanged 5 squares of fabric at 6 inches square, each month for a year. I took it to a longarmer to be quilted with a pantogram.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Candy, all these quilts are beautiful! I have so many scraps...just waiting to be made into a quilt, or two, or...
thank you for sharing!!
karen

Kris said...

Candy - I LOVE your scrap quilts and what a fun, wonderful way to use up ALL my scraps!! I have added the "Sew Scraps Along" button to my blog and look forward to getting started!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts!!!

Kim Brackett said...

I love every one of them! Scrap quilts are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I am experiencing some of these issues as well.
.

Here is my page; Windows Registry Cleaner