Friday, November 5, 2010

It is good to be back home again!



I just got home from Las Vegas last night. My husband had to go for business and took me along. We stayed at Treasure Island. Our last night there we tried the slot machines. I am not a gambler and I really do not see the attraction. I would much rather spend my money on fabric! 



It was my first time in that part of the country. The city was pretty fabulous but it did not compare to the geography. When we first arrived I was pretty amazed with how brown it was. I had never seen brown mountains before. Wednesday we did some sight seeing. First we went to the Hoover Dam. I find it incredible that this was built in the early 30s.







Next we stopped to view Lake Meade.






Driving back toward Las Vegas we could not believe from how far away we could see the city.


Finally, the best part of the trip was Red Rock Canyon.






Of course the pictures do not do it any justice.



See, I really was there.









I think this picture looks like it could be inspiration for a quilt.


I have to tell you what happened in the airport as I was leaving. When going through security I have to go through the x-ray machine because of my hip replacement. The lady security guard asked me if I was a quilter. She saw the quilt pattern on my socks. Turns out she is also a quilter. So, we had a great conversation while we were waiting for me to get my okay to go ahead. After my husband and I were back together I told him about this. He asked me if I told her about my blog. Can you believe I never thought to tell her about this?

2 comments:

Chris said...

It is amazing how big the city seems at night when you are driving in from another area. The lights are overwhelming no matter how long you live here. I don't know if you went quilt shopping, but Boulder City has the cutest little shop called Fiddlesticks.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I don't think I ever care about going to Vegas...but I think I would enjoy that Red Rock Canyon!!