Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sea Glass


On Friday I taught a workshop for this Sea Glass Quilt. 
The pattern is Sea Glass by Talk of the Town and can be found here on Etsy. 
When I made my quilt I wanted a quicker way to cut out all of the petals. So I decided to try it with this Leaves Galore Template Ruler by Sue Pelland



 I had used this template before to make "Orange Fusion."

I was going to link back to where I posted about this quilt, but it looks like I never posted about it. 

I made this for a Challenge in my guild, Bayside Quilters, in 2016.



Anyway, I had used that template before and I thought it would be perfect to use for the Sea Glass Quilt. That was just what I needed. For my sample quilt below, I had all of the petals cut out in about an hour. I then glued the petals to the background using Elmer's School Glue. I stitched around the petals as I quilted it on the longarm. It was a very easy and quick quilt and it is stunning. 



For the workshop on Friday, all of the students got their petals cut out and glued on to the background. Every one of them looks spectacular!

Ruth's quilt top. 


Doreen's quilt top.


Lisa's quilt top.


Laura's quilt top.


Sharon's quilt top.


Jen's quilt top.


I loved seeing Doreen's quilt top next to Ruth's quilt top. 

Everyone enjoyed the class and they are ready to start sewing!

1 comment:

Laura Boehl said...

Candy, I loved taking the class on Friday. The results are beautiful an the group was fun. You are a wonderful teacher. Thank you. Laura Boehl