Monday, June 20, 2011

Stash Report, Week 25, 2011

Friday morning I got out my June UFO to begin quilting it. I measured the top and it was 80 x 85. I thought since it is already that big I should make sure it is big enough for a queen size bed. I took it and threw it on top of the guest bed. Unfortunately, with the new deeper mattresses, if I really want it to be large enough for a queen I should make it bigger. Of course I tried to convince myself that wasn't necessary so I could start quilting it right then. But, I just couldn't do it. If I was going to finish this quilt I had to do it right.

The fabric for the border had to be either red, blue or match the background. I had no more of the background fabric. I am not crazy about blue so I did not have enough of any one blue. I have a lot of red but either the pieces were not large enough or they were just not right. So; I had to go buy fabric. Because I was making the front larger I also had to make the back larger. So; I had to buy more fabric. 

I finished quilting my Blooming 9-Patch. Every fabric I used for the front and the back was taken from my stash. I really love how this quilt turned out but, I did not have the right fabric for the binding. So, once again I needed to buy more fabric. 

So, that just about explains all of my fabric purchases this week except that one yard of white on white. I got that for fun for something new I would like to try.  

Used since last stash report: 7.50 yards

Used year to Date: 74.25 yards

Added since last stash report: 5.75 yards

Added Year to Date: 72.25 yards

Net Used for 2011: 2 yard

Fabric used since my last stash report:
5 yards for backing for blooming 9-patch
2 1/2 yards for border and binding for June UFO

Fabric in since my last stash report:

2 3/4 yards for border and binding for June UFO
1 1/2 yards for backing for June UFO
1/2 yard for binding for blooming 9-patch
1 yard white on white for something new I want to try.

No comments: