Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bear/Bare Challenge

     Once a year the Bayside Quilters have a Quilt Challenge. We usually get the challenge in December at our Christmas Luncheon and have until the June Summer Luncheon. I always do something for the challenge. I really enjoy thinking out of my box and perhaps doing something I have not done before. This year the challenge was "Bear/Bare" period. Nothing else was ever said about it. We were left to interpret it in anyway. There were no other guidelines except it needed to be quilted, bound, and completed. 

     Here are the challenge quilts and the awards given:

Sandy won for "Favorite Interpretation of the Theme."

I won for "Favorite Use of Technique."

Mary Lou won "Favorite Use of Color."

Sara won "Favorite Beginner's Quilt."

Monica

June

Jeanne

Peggy

Lucille

Colette

Nan

No comments: