Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating for Christmas


I am just getting started on the Christmas decorating. Every year (for about 8 years) I have the 7-Sisters Quilt Guild Christmas Party at my house. We usually have it the first Friday of December. I like to have it early in the month because it makes me get my decorating done. So far I have my Santa Cabinet done. 11 months out of the year it is my China Cabinet where I keep some of my green glass collection.


On the top row inside the cabinet are Santas that my step-dad made. He carves them and paints them. Each year he makes one for my mom, each of my siblings and me. I just realized how difficult it is to see them. Maybe I will try to get a better picture to post.


On Monday evening the Middle School Band played at the Hospice Festival of Trees. Small ensembles played select Christmas Carols. My daughter and her friend played three songs on their flutes. 

No comments: