Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Quilts Finished

 Counting down the hours until Christmas and I am still getting things done. This Christmas quilt is not exactly done. It still needs some more buttons for holly berries.

 This is my husband's Christmas present. I never made a quilt just for him before. I know it is a very simple quilt but I really wanted the quilting to be the focus. The problem is I should have used a solid blue instead of a batik so the quilting would really stand out.


 The animals are quilted with brown thread and the filler is blue. Originally I was not going to put in filler but I felt it needed more quilting.
 At least you can see the quilting up close.
The quilting shows up really well on the back.
I hope he likes it and will use it to snuggle in.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love your holly berry and stockings quilt--clever idea!

Since the quilting is always my favorite part, I love your husband's quilt.