Sunday, September 19, 2010

Falling Leaves


On Wednesday of last week I hosted the Art Bee at my house. When our Art Bee meets we usually like to do a little project or demonstration. Since it is September we did a leaf block.

Here is what we did:
Went out in the woods and got some leaves.
Put them on the printer and made a copy.

Traced around the outline and made copies on paper and freezer paper.

Cut out freezer paper shapes.
Iron onto black fabric.

Spray with a solution of bleach and water.

Remove freezer paper and rinse.

Trace the reverse of the leaf shapes onto paper backed fusible web.

Iron onto back of fabric and cut out leaves.
Iron onto block for a shadow effect.

There were 7 of us here that did this. Why didn't I think to get out my camera when they were all here????

3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Oh, I love this--I don't know that here in the near-desert I could even find a variety of leaves--but I do love your product!

Mary Lou Casada said...

Fall is my favorite time of year because of the leaf colors! I love your project.
(And I love your Header quilt, too! It's gorgeous!!!)
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Oops-Lah said...

It looks fabulous. I love that shadow effect. Will have to try it one of these days.