Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stash Building


On Saturday I went to Lancaster County, PA with 2 friends to have fun and add to my stash. I don't get to Lancaster very often, (once or twice a year) so when I get there I can do some damage. I purchased a total of 39 3/4 yards of fabric. Lancaster is the best (or maybe worst) place to go if you have a fabric addiction like I do. We left from my house at 5:15 am and arrived at our first destination, Sauders in Denver at 8:30. We were the only ones there at that time of day. What a treat that was. It is not unusual for a bus of quilters to show up there on a Saturday.


At Sauders I chose fabric for a quilt I would like to make for my husband this year. I am hoping it will be a Christmas present. After we left there we spent the rest of the day in Intercourse.

Our first stop in Intercourse was The Old Country Store. I am not exactly sure what this will be for. It might be for a Round Robin I am going to participate in. I also got this pack of solids there. I don't typically use solids but I do love them in other's work. The 6 yard piece of brown I got there I think will be the background for my Joseph's Coat. I know I started that Joseph's Coat with the quilt along but I have had trouble deciding on the background.

From there we went to Zooks. Oh wait, first we stopped next door for a pretzel. Delicious. In Zooks it was just stash building. I fell in love with those circles, especially the colors. This is how I usually fabric shop. I buy what I love and then somewhere down the road I find I quilt to use it in.



These other fabrics are random stuff for my stash that I got in various stores.  I am not sure which ones are from where. We even took the time to go into some stores that did not carry fabric. It was a fantastic day. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. I really miss the rolling hills of PA. We were back home on the flat Eastern Shore about 8:30pm.

No comments: