Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spring Hoedown


At last, the challenge quilt you have been hearing about. This was my entry for the challenge "Water is more than H2O." The girl with the umbrella was my daughter's idea. The background was adapted from a picture I took on our property. The words in the border is a poem I remember from 3rd grade, "Rain" by Robert Louis Stevenson.

The luncheon was a little different this year. The theme was a Hoedown. Everyone was to dress in appropriate attire and there was a live bluegrass band playing in the background. In the picture above is myself, Jeanne and Jo. Jo is chairman of the hospitality committee and she is the one responsible for the hoedown thing. I think she just wanted a reason to wear her pink boots.

The festivities ended with the announcement of the winners of the challenge. (Everyone in attendance got one vote.) I am sorry to say I was not the winner, but I did place.

First place was Sylvia

Second place was Mary Lou

Third place tie was Jeanne and me
I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed I did not place higher. 

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

It's okay not to place higher when the quilts that did were wonderful. On the other hand, if they had been ugly.....ooooooo.
Congratulations on placing!