Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowed-In


There was a major snow storm in Maryland yesterday. This is the biggest snow since 2003. Being on the Eastern Shore we usually don't get much snow at all.
This is what it looks like out my back window.
This is what it looks like inside.


I planned on working on my Joseph's Coat. I am using scraps for the melon shapes. I wanted to use some Kaffe Fassett's in it. All of my Kaffe's are waiting to be used in another quilt, so I had to begin cutting out that quilt. I plan on piecing my Kaffe quilt in a couple of weekends when I go on retreat. Anyway, I cut out the blocks for my Kaffe quilt. Then I was able to cut out the pieces for my Joseph's Coat. I am not going to make mine as big as the quilt-along. Instead of 49 blocks I am making 35, and my quilt will be 5 blocks by 7 blocks. I did get all of the melons cut out. Today I am hoping to get some edges glued down and try to decide on the background fabric.

1 comment:

Laila said...

Oh I need to make one of those!