Saturday, February 20, 2010

7 Sisters Top Finished



This week I did not get as much quilting done as I would have liked because I had to work on tax stuff. Yes, it is that dreaded time of year.

Yesterday the Bayside Quilters 300 Birthday Bee had a meeting. Easton, Maryland is 300 years old this year and we are making a commemorative quilt for the occasion. The opening ceremony is the parade on April 24th. We hope to have the quilt ready to unveil then. I am so tempted to post a picture of our progress but I will try to wait until it is complete. The top is assembled and all of the blocks are complete. We are now working on the borders, lettering and the label. I will have the pleasure of quilting it.

Finally, last evening the 7 Sisters Quilt Guild got to meet again. The first time since all of the snow. It was great to be back. We meet weekly at the firehouse so, each year we make a quilt to be raffled to benefit the Fire Company. The winner is chosen each year at the summer carnival. Anyway last night we completed the top. I hope to get it quilted this coming week.

1 comment:

Laila said...

Stunning, love the colours!