Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year 2024



I have been thinking for some time about doing my blog again. Honestly, I don't even read that many blogs anymore. I just spend too much time scrolling on Instagram. But I want to do this for me. It will be a kind of a journal. I intend to do it like I did before. It will mostly be about quilting, and then throwing in whatever else is going on in my life.



I began this blog in January of 2010. In September of 2012 I opened a quilt shop. As I got busier with the shop my posts became fewer. My posting became so sparse that I decided to just stop.  I have not posted since the Summer of 2017. 

Monthly Minis


When I opened the shop, I said I would probably do it for about 10 years and by then I would hopefully have some grandchildren. I closed the shop in 2021 and had 2 grandchildren at the time. I now have 5 grandchildren. 

Chesapeake Star


I do still longarm for customers out of my house, but not near as much as I used to. I also haven't sewn or quilted as much in the past year because of the grandchildren, but it is still my passion. 

I began designing Quilt Patterns in 2013 to sell in my shop. Since closing the shop I began putting the patterns on Etsy. I do not have them all on Etsy yet, but I intend to get that done in the near future.  My most popular patterns on Etsy are the Monthly Mini Quilt Patterns, the Crab Patterns featuring the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab, and the Maryland Flag Pattern. 



I have put off getting restarted with this blog because it seemed like there was so much to do to get back at it. Since it is January 1, it seemed like a good time to just do it. I know there are many things that should be redone and updated but I couldn't let myself keep coming up with excuses to put it off. 

I hope you will enjoy following along on my journey.

Blessings,
Candy

PS...  I couldn't do a post without pictures, so I have included pictures of some of my patterns on Etsy with the link to the shop.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Candy!! Welcome back, looking forward to your posts! Anne