Friday, January 26, 2024

Brynn's Name Quilt

 


Brynn will be a year old on February 6th and I finally finished her Name Quilt. This is a throw size quilt. I have made one for each of my grandchildren so far. So, this is number 4 and I still need to make one for Berkley. He will be one on March 16th. I really want to get it done before his birthday.

My daughter chose the pattern and fabric for this quilt. One of the reasons it took so long to get it done is this was the third pattern she chose, and we ordered fabric 3 different times. But not only did it put me behind with Brynn’s quilt, but I am now behind with Berkley’s quilt. Honestly, I can’t blame my daughter for me being behind, I just didn’t do much sewing at all last year.



I believe all  of the fabrics used in this quilt are Art Gallery except for the background, which is Peppered Cotton in Oyster. Peppered Cotton Oyster is my favorite background fabric right now.
Recently I have been getting most of my Art Gallery Fabric from Pear Tree Market on Etsy. They carry a lot of Art Gallery and are very quick at shipping it out. 



This was the first block. I just started with the one to make sure this was what my daughter wanted.  



I was keeping Brynn three days a week while my daughter worked. 
You can see I was working on her quilt while she napped.


I don't know what I would do without a design wall to get that just right layout. 


I prefer a double blaket stitch to outline my machine applique. 
Using a darker thread helps to make the applique letter pop.


Sewing on that last border.


The top finished.


Quilting it on the long arm.



I love taking pictures of the completed project outside on the washline. 





These are the fabrics I will be using in Berkley's Name Quilt. I will also be using Peppered Cotton in Oyster for the background fabric. Once again I believe these are all Art Gallery fabrics. 



Blessings,

Candy

No comments: