This fabric came in about a month ago. It really has not sold much so I knew it was time to make a sample.
The three panels are so adorable!
They are just perfect for any girl.
I did not have a pattern that would lend itself to this fabric so I knew I had to design my own.
My first attempt was the layout below. I actually completed the top like this but was not happy with it when it was done. I ripped everything out and started over.
This is what I ended up with. I am very happy with it and I believe it is a very good use of that fabric.
It can be difficult to take pictures on a windy day.
Here is a close up of the freehand overall quilting.
I wrote a pattern for this but knew that it had to be tested. So I needed to find other fabric that would work well for this pattern.
This nautical fabric arrived a couple weeks ago and also needed a little push.
Lou tested the pattern for me and it came out very nice. It is definitely a very masculine quilt.
The pattern and fabrics shown here are available now at Quilt Vine.