Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jane's Star



We are planning on teaching a class next year on a quilt from Jane Sassaman's book. I just love her fabrics. Anyway, I decided to make the star part of the quilt out of this fabric; not a Sassaman fabric. When I was cutting the fabric I assumed I was going to lay it out like the top picture, but after laying it out I decided on the second one.


 The idea of Jane's book is to show you how to use those large print fabrics. I chose the star fabric before even considering what other fabric I would use. The problem is that I could not find another large print fabric in the store to go with it.


These two fabrics were the best thing we could find to go with my star fabric. When I laid them out like this I really did not like either one. So, I took the easy way out and decided on a solid.


I guess now I need to make one with two coordinating large prints to demonstrate the techniques in the book.



I have the top all put together now. I do like it but it does not have the same effect as the ones made with two large print fabrics. The picture below was taken from Jane Sassaman's book. We do have both of these fabrics in stock. Cheryl made one and it looks fabulous!


No comments: