Friday, December 2, 2011

Star Full Of Feathers


I got finished quilting Kathy's quilt in plenty of time for Christmas.


I am not sure what the pattern is, but I would consider it a take on a lone star.


Kathy wanted feathers and I just LOVE it when a customer wants feathers.


It also seems like when I have a quilt with feathers that I take way too many pictures of it.


The quilting really does show up pretty nicely on it.


Are you tired of looking at it yet?


Not me.


The quilting looks good on the back too.


You could almost reverse it and use it as a whole cloth quilt.


Did I tell you that I LOVE feathers?


I am now working on some things for Christmas. I probably will not be quilting for a while but I will be sewing on my domestic machine.


9 comments:

Lee said...

That's a very fine looking quilt...and so is the quilting :)

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Oh gosh that's a beautiful looking quilt, I love the colours, but I think I'm like you, just in love with feathers. You've done a great job on this quilt, thanks for sharing the pics.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt. Your quilting is out of this world! Great job!

CathyG said...

WOW!! Your quilting is amazing! you did a great job! Love it!!

Erin Underwood said...

Found this pictured on Pintrest - your quilting is outstanding! The pattern is Diamond Star by Erin Underwood.

Pam said...

The quilt is beyond gorgeous! But what are feathers? Thank you!

Pam said...

The quilt is beyond gorgeous! But what are feathers? Thank you!

laura said...

Beautiful quilt and love the feathers. Please have her tell you more about that pattern as it doesn't look like a traditional star pattern with the long rectangles she used. Then share her info., with us!

kathyciam said...

This pattern is by Erin Underwood and is called Diamond Star...Candy Stiffler did a wonderful job with the quilting. I sometimes reverse the quilt to use as a whole cloth and that really shows off the feathers!