Monday, February 15, 2016

Retreat Projects

 A lot was accomplished at retreat. 
For some reason I only have pictures of projects from 3 of us, but that is a lot of projects. 

I needed a Baby Girl Quilt for a shower gift. I searched Baby Girl Quilt on Pinterest and found the tutorial for this one here. I made this on the first day of retreat. 

Cheryl liked it so much that she made two like it while at retreat. The top one is Terra Australis fabric by Ella Blue and the bottom is Wee Wander by Michael Miller. Yes, I know that because all of her fabric was purchased at Quilt Vine. 

This is a block I made for a special person with a special birthday coming up. 

Lou finished off this top with all Nautical fabric from Quilt Vine.

Lou put the binding on this quilt. The fabric is Bumble by Tula Pink and Kona White.

Lou put the borders on this top at retreat. The solid is Kona and the prints are all Tula Pink. I think the center is an Eden Charm Pack and the border is from Eden. All of these fabrics came from Quilt Vine. 

Lou made these table runners from a Quilt Vine Aqua Charm Pack and Kona White.

Lou finished this top made of 30's reproduction fabric for Outreach. 

Lou put together these old log cabin blocks for Outreach.

Lou finished this rag quilt she started many years ago.

Lou put a little Tula Pink Elizabeth bling on a sweatshirt for Polly.

This is how a true professional takes a picture of a quilt. 

Cheryl made these Mommy and Daughter Aprons. They are so adorable. 

Cheryl made this quilt top from the book Transparency Quilts by Ringle and Kerr and all of the fabric came from Quilt Vine.

I made this improvisational pieced tree in a workshop at the Modern Quilters Eastern Shore.
I quilted it from the back to be used as a sample for a free motion quilting class. 

I needed to make a Double Wedding Ring Quilt because I got the die for the Accuquilt Studio.
I thought I would make a sample and then teach a class. I love how it turned out but feel like I need to make another before I am comfortable enough to teach it. 

I cut out and glued the petals on this quilt top in one evening. The petals were cut out using Sue Pelland's Leaves Galore Template. 

This paper piece pattern, Turning Over A New Leaf, is a free download from Deb Karasik.
I am planning on teaching some paper piecing so I have been honing my skills. I had the paper piecing for the leaves done before retreat. At retreat I set in the leaves, made and applied all of the borders, quilted it, and sewed on the binding. 

At the end of the week I ran out of things that I had taken with me to sew, so I pulled out this shell. My daughter and I started this shell in a workshop in January while she was on break from college. My daughter had done most of the work putting the fabric on the shell; I just applied the glue. Since she went back to school it is my job to complete the background. I have been putting off doing it because I am afraid I will mess it up. So, at retreat I reluctantly got it out. I must say I am happy with the way it is progressing. 

That sums up the Quilt Vine Quilters week on retreat. 
It is amazing what you can accomplish when you have an entire week. 

No comments: