Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting Ready for Retreat


I am getting ready to leave for retreat tomorrow. I will spend Sunday through Wednesday in Ocean City, Maryland quilting with a group of ladies from Bayside Quilters. This will be my 4th time going and I always love every minute of it. All week I have been thinking about what I will take to work on. I have so many UFOs that I could just take some of those to keep me busy the entire time. But, I have an urge to start something new. I don't know about you, but I just absolutely love starting something new. 


I have this pile of fabric that I have been dying to cut into. Most of these fabrics were purchased at Serendipity Quilt Shop in Dagsboro, Delaware. The pattern I am using is "New Wave Quilt" which can be found here. Isn't it just yummy? Every since I got this pattern I have been thinking about using these fabrics for it. So I decided today that I would cut it out so I would be all ready to sew when I get to retreat. Usually when I go to retreat I finish several UFOs before I start something new, but I think I will start with this one.
 

It is all cutout and stacked up and ready to go. Did I say that I LOVE these fabrics.


I still need to decide what UFOs I am taking along.

1 comment:

ytsmom said...

Have fun on retreat! I think we all love starting something new, that is why we have so many UFO's!! I love New Wave; it is on my to-do list, also! Love your fabric choices.