Friday, October 28, 2011

September UFO Finally Finished


Here we are almost the end of October and I finally finish my September UFO. I am participating in Judy's UFO Challenge at Patchwork Times. I just couldn't be happier with it. This quilt below I made in September/October 2010. I had some leftover blocks so I put them together for a baby quilt. I put it on my UFO list this year thinking that I just needed to quilt it. When its number popped up for September I had to rethink my plan for it. 


I have had the one I made last year hanging in my family room all summer. There is someone in my life that is just in love with that quilt. She told me so every time she saw it. I was thinking it would be nice to do something special for her. When this quilt came up in September I knew what I wanted to do. This quilt needed to be bigger. Now I had to find fabric for borders. 


First I looked on line to find fabric to match the floral fabric I have in the blocks. The largest piece I could find was 1 yard and that was just not enough and I did not want to piece it on a side. So I went to my local quilt shop, Lilies of the Field, and found the blue border fabric that is just the perfect touch to finish off this quilt. I am loving this quilt. I think I might like this one better than mine.


Yesterday I bound this quilt along with my October UFO. It was raining so I had to take the pictures on the porch.



No comments: