Friday, October 14, 2011

Big-n-Beautiful


More on the quilts I posted about yesterday. I just can't seem to get them out of my head. 


Upon taking a closer look at this one it  appears to be a variation on a lone star, except for points that are in what is typically the setting squares and setting triangles.


The two lighter oranges are larger lone star diamonds. Larger pieces makes for quicker piecing.




The yellow and the darkest outside orange are just the smaller diamonds like the center.


Like I said yesterday, I think the border would be the most difficult part to figure out.



  
Remember these two from yesterday? They look like they are also a variation on the lone star. Just a lot more piecing!



Right now I am wishing that I did not have so many things started. I really should get some of them finished before taking on something like one of these quilts.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Those are really pretty quilts. I especially love the orange one!

Diana said...

Thanks for the inspiration. My fingers are itching, but first i have to finish some other quilts.

Superior Threads said...

What lovely quilts. Now I want to make one too.

Ricci