Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation Is Over Already


My family and I spent 10 wonderful days in Washington State visiting my sister and her family. I have to warn you that my next several posts will be very heavy with pictures. It was very difficult narrowing down the number of pictures to post.

The girls spent the first full day shopping, before my boys arrived. My niece is 3 months older than my daughter and they are the best of buddies. Our first stop was Plato's Closet. Nana and I are waiting for the girls to come out of the fitting rooms.


Most of the day was spent keeping the younger girls happy, but this stop was for the older girls. Every time I get to my sister's I go crazy in the quilt shops. The fabric on the west coast is sooooo much better than what I can find on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. You will see the damage I did when I post my stash report.


I bought the pattern for this stool. Hopefully it will not take me too long to get around to making it.

After the quilt shop we were off to the mall. The girls went off on their own and had a blast. I can't believe we were shopping a total of 9 1/2 hours. The guys went golfing and got home long before we did.

The next morning we stayed in waiting for my boys and a girlfriend to arrive. My sister introduced me to zentangling. I had seen it on blogs but this was the first time I tried it. My daughter and I are hooked.

After the rest of the gang showed up we went out to Rattlesnake Lake. Pappy is looking on as the 3 kids get on the tubes.

Some of the kids acting crazy. Can you find my niece?


The next morning we went to Edmonds Beach at low tide to view the tide pools. My daughter is holding the first star fish we saw when we got to the beach.

We were all very excited to see this sun star!!!!



Son #2 taking a walk with Nana and having a heart-to-heart talk.

The whole gang at Edmonds Beach.

This guy reminded me of Patrick from "Sponge Bob Square Pants."





After dinner we had a badminton tournament. Teams were drawn out of a hat. Nana decided not to play because of her back so Son #2 did not have a partner. That proved to be a benefit for him because he won the tournament.

1 comment:

Mari, Tenerife (EspaƱa) said...

How nice holidays!!! All seem very happy. Congratulations... Mari