Friday, July 22, 2011

Customer's Quilt


Bette's large quilt is finished.


Bette told me that this was a Civil War pattern but with the fabric that she used I think it looks more like an Hawaiian Quilt.


It is very refreshing and cheerful in these colors.






I quilted feathers in the border. I do a lot of feathers but I tried a different method this time. The new method I used is where you backtrack over the top of every-other feather. The older method (shown in red) is where you backtrack between each feather, so each feather is basically separate. The newer method looks more like a traditional hand-quilted feather. 
   


3 comments:

Rhonda M said...

Beautiful quilting! The quilt is gorgeous and I am sure she will love it.

Linda said...

It does look Hawaiian! Beautiful! And you did a great job of quilting it!!

Mari, Tenerife (EspaƱa) said...

I agree with you, when I saw it I thought it was Hawaiian. It´s very beautiful. See you soon...