Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May UFO is Complete


Over the weekend I spent some time working on my UFO for May.


I finished quilting and binding it yesterday.


Then it was outside for a photo shoot.


In the yellow areas I used Buttercup (soft yellow) thread for the quilting. Everywhere else I used Lime thread.
I love that lime!


I think this top was made in 2006.


The applique is edge turned using freezer paper and glue stick. I appliqued by machine using a blind hem stitch.


I believe this was the first time I used Mono Poly Thread. It is so much nicer than mono filament. 


IT FEELS SO GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER UFO DONE!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

bettyp said...

You have done a great job on it!!

Donna~~ said...

A beautiful finish! Love purple and red together and that border is fantastic fabric--so pretty and perfect for it!

BetsyE said...

Wow! The quilting is fantastic! And it's just about as cute as can be. Nice job!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love this bright and colorful quilt. Those colors!

Congrats on the finish!