Saturday, January 15, 2011

UFO #6


I am participating in Judy's UFO Challenge. For January #6 was chosen. Due to the fact that I have more than 12 UFOs some of my numbers have 2 quilts to complete. 6 happens to be one of those lucky numbers. But, right now I will be happy to complete 1 of them.


My string quilt just needs to be quilted and bound. Yesterday I started the quilting. For some reason I had a difficult time deciding how to quilt it. I spent about an hour and a half drawing on it with chalk and rubbing it off. I wanted to do something different that I hadn't done before but I also wanted something easy that I could do freehand with no marking. I did finish the center yesterday so now I am left with the borders. I guess I am ahead of the game because I know what I want to do in 2 of the 3 borders.

3 comments:

Julie said...

You're making great progress. Both are very pretty.

free indeed said...

I love string quilts! I will be anxious to see the complete top when you are finished.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like a beautiful string quilt! Can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it.