This quilt has been the header and backdrop of this blog ever since the beginning in 2010.
Then it became the backdrop for the website when I started it in 2012.
I did not have the original quilt because it had been raffled off in 2010 for a fundraiser for the Trappe Volunteer Fire Company. Over the years I have had many requests for the pattern. So, for our 3rd Anniversary I reworked the pattern and offered it for free to our customers.
Everyone loved the original quilt so when I chose fabric for the new one I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. Needless to say, I had fabric everywhere.
The picture of the original quilt that I used to choose fabrics.
When I laid out the background squares, look who helped.
The background is made with 10" squares.
We now have packs of these 10" squares pre-cut in the shop.
It didn't take long to cut out all of the petals. I layered 4 pieces of fabric, ironed a freezer paper shape on the top layer, and cut them out with a rotary cutter.
I cut all of the circles out with the AccuQuilt.
When I first laid out the shapes I put a pin in until I was sure of placement.
Once I was satisfied with the placement, I glued all the pieces in place with Elmer's School Glue, all except the light yellow.
Something isn't right. It just does not look as good as the original quilt.
I think it is the light yellow. It is just too light.
I think this yellow will look much better.
Sage agrees. She loves the quilt with the new yellow.
I left the room to get my camera and Sage had to mess things up a bit.
Chris held the quilt so I could get a good straight on picture.
Way back in 2010 the members of the 7 Sisters Quilt Group in Trappe each made one of these quilts.
I think they all look amazing hanging on the porch.
This is Chris' second one that she has not quilted yet.
I love how she made it her own!
This is a fun simple quilt to make and it is stunning.