Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Super Quilt Seminar

This past weekend was the Ricky Tims Super Quilt Seminar in Newark, DE.

There were about 12 ladies there attending that I know from the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Pictured with Ricky are: Nancy, Kitty, Sharon, Lou, Cyndy, Nita, Beth, Sherry, Suzie, Gloria, Fayette, Jan, and me. 

Lou and I went together. Here is Lou with Ricky.

There I am with Ricky.

 The entire seminar was just amazing. Ricky has so much knowledge about quilting and he loves sharing what he has learned. His presentation is interesting and entertaining.

I can't say enough about the seminar. There was so much to take in I think my brain was on overload. I came away from there wanting to try it all. The way Ricky explained everything you come away thinking "I can really do that". 

I hope after I try some of these things they will be classes that I will offer at Quilt Vine.    

Ricky's Self Portrait.



Ricky's Caveman Piecing is quick and easy.






Ricky is also well known for his Rhapsody Quilts. His first Rhapsody quilt is in the picture behind Lou, and here is a close up. 


Another Rhapsody Quilt. 




This is a new quilt of his that is going to be featured in a magazine soon. 


Ricky is showing how easy it is to put together a Kool Kaleidoscope Quilt.



Two of his kaleidoscope quilts.





Two of his Convergence Quilts.





Ricky's side kick Alex Anderson was also presenting. Here I am with her. 
Remember her from Simply Quilts on HGTV?


This is Alex' new quilt and she said she will be making it into a pattern. 
I love it.




One night we had Sushi for dinner. 


Lou and I even had some time to do a little sewing in our room.
Remember, don't leave home without your sewing machine. 




No comments: