Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rhapsody Bee

I know it has been way too long since I have posted. I will let you know what has been going on in my next post, but for now I wanted to tell you about my Rhapsody Bee which met today.

We had to change our usual meeting day do to people being away, and it still seems to have been a bad day. Counting myself only 3 people showed up. We met at Margaret's house and she was ready for us. This top picture is her and her quilt. She has all of her background pieces cut out and basted. She has been working on designing her appliques. You go Margaret!!!!!

Sylvia has been playing with the fabric for her background pieces. I think she may have decided to go with the layout on the left. Of course that can always change. I really got a good idea from her doing this. I believe I might scan my fabric to decide the placement for the background; or not. I am usually all about getting it done so it would not be unusual for me to skip this step altogether and just start cutting out my background.

These are the 3 fabrics I have chosen for my background. It is recommended that you use 3 to 5 different background fabrics. I might add a 4th.

So, if you are in the Rhapsody Bee and missed today you really are not behind unless you compare yourself to Margaret.


1 comment:

Linda said...

that certainly looks like fun! I like your colors!