Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quilt Vine Is Progressing


I have been spending a lot of time at the shop these days. The check out/cutting table is being built.


Shelves are going up everywhere!


These shelves will hold a lot of fabric.


My parents came to visit over Memorial Day and helped a lot at the shop.





My husband and dad put a lot of shelves together.




My daughter and mom cleaned out the kitchen cabinets and put in shelf liner.



They also sanded and painted furniture.


This piece will go in the bathroom to hold extra paper towels and toilet paper.

On Tuesday while my daughter was in school, my mom and I painted the table and chairs for the kitchen.

I got the table and chairs on the sun porch from the ReStore. I think this will be the coffee area; way too many windows for fabric.

This is my office in one of the upstairs rooms. I also got the desk at the ReStore.

Of course there was time to have some fun. My daughter loves to scare her Nana. She did surprise her when she was hiding in this box.

If everything goes as planned, Quilt Vine will be open for business in early September.


2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wow! You've really been productive. How nice that your parents came and helped you out.
Such great finds from your Re-store. In your kitchen, the white chair on the right is one of my favorites. I have one like it that had been left behind in a house I rented almost 40 years ago. It's been yellow, red, white, blue, and pale teal with orchid. There's just something about the shape of that chair that will always make it one of my favorites. I'm glad you have one too!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Candy, you've been a busy lady! I'm looking forward to visiting your new space as soon as you open.

All the best, Katie from
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com
www.katiesews4fun.blogspot.com