This past week the Seven Sisters Quilters went on their First Annual Winter Retreat. It was so great to have an entire week. It was relaxing and at the same time I got a lot of sewing done.
The first thing I did was to put on a binding. First project done in no time.
My next project was to start my challenge quilt. The Bayside Quilters are having a color challenge this year. The color I got was orange. I am almost done. I just need to do some quilting in the solid orange area. I will go into further detail in an upcoming post.
This is the back of my orange quilt.
For the past year I have been working on Tula Pink's 100 Block City Sampler. I had decided before I began that I would be done in a year. I only got 40 of the 100 blocks done so my quilt only has 40 blocks. At retreat I sewed together 20 blocks that were previously cut out and I put the top together.
This is the back of my Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt.
I went to see Tula Pink in September. When she talked about her City Sampler she explained that it was her take on the Dear Jane Quilt. In 2004 I was in a Dear Jane Bee and made some of the blocks. I never did anything with them. I thought the back of my City Sampler would be the perfect place for them. I finished up these blocks and got the back put together.
I started this quilt in a class at Bayside last Spring. The class was taught by Terry Kramzar.
I was not happy with the white flower on the light purple background. There was not enough contrast, so I stitched around the white with a darker purple thread. I am not exactly thrilled with this quilt, but at least it is done.
I made this for a shop sample to highlight some of our new fabric.
This is my Alaska Quilt. In 2013 I went on an Alaskan Cruise. Of course I had to find a Quilt Shop everywhere we stopped. All of this fabric and pattern was purchased in Alaska. I am so glad to get this done.
I made this Tunic with fabric from the Florence line by Denyse Schmidt. I am very disappointed that this is a bit snug. I might need to make another one a little bigger.
I made this Three Yard Quilt for a shop sample using Gramercy by Art Gallery Fabrics.
We all had a great time at retreat. I will post more about it later.