Sunday, December 15, 2013

Starburst


For each session of classes I am trying to have at least one class where we can use up some of our scraps.


For this quilt I had my scraps cut into strips. Most of the strips were 1-1/2" and 2-1/2".


I used a 12-1/2" 60 degree triangle ruler to cut the triangles.
 

I am in love with this quilt, so I wanted to do something special with the quilting.


On Intsagram the day I saw Angela Walters doing this swirl and pebble filler and I knew immediately that I  wanted to use that.
 

I am thrilled with the result I achieved.


I am so happy that I used a solid Kona on the back.


I am pretty sure I like the back just as much as the front!


This was not a quick quilt for me. All of the straight line ruler work took a lot of time but the result was well worth the extra effort.


I will be teaching this class in January and February. I will be posting the entire class schedule very soon. If you are interested in taking this class you can call or email the shop.


No comments: