Friday, April 23, 2010

Trunk Show at Baltimore Album Bee

Yesterday my Baltimore Album Bee met. No wonder I haven't gotten much quilting done lately. You need to be home to quilt. I plan on staying home and quilting today.

Anyway, at Baltimore Bee we had a special guest yesterday, Nancy Wyman from Olde Kent Quilters in Chestertown. Some of our members saw 2 of her quilts at the Olde Kent show in October. One of her quilts there was the one above. I think the pattern is "Little Brown Bird."  The other quilt she had at that show was the one behind her in these pictures. It is a Kaffe Fassett pattern using his fabrics. Both of these quilts are show stoppers. One of our members, Joan, was instrumental in getting Nancy to come and give us a trunk show of her work. Wow! What a presentation! Everyone present was in total awe of her workmanship. All of her applique' is needle turned and done by hand. She also hand quilts all of her quilts. When does she sleep?



Check out the detail. Her work is exquisite.



This is my size applique'. I love it. I think I have to get this pattern.

One more very important thing happened yesterday. My baby became a teenager.

No comments: