Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Block Party

Fiber Art Bee
B-Day Girlz Block Party 2012



Today I met with my Fiber Arts Bee. Some of the members of this bee are participating in a block party exchange this year.  Two months before your birthday you tell the group what kind of block you would like. At the meeting during your birthday month you will receive the blocks. Two months after your birthday you are to have the quilt top put together to show the group. We have about 10 - 12 participating. Janie's birthday was in January and I am sorry that I did not take a picture of the block I made for her. We had no birthdays in February. Margie and Sylvia celebrate their birthday this month.


Margie asked for a 10 inch red and white scrappy block. Since I am on my second Joseph's Coat and taught a class on it I thought it would be a good block for me to do. I love red and have plenty of them in my stash. I just thought about my stash report; guess I should try to figure how much fabric I used for these 2 blocks. Instead of using clear thread I used white and did a blanket stitch.
 


Sylvia gave us this print out of a dress form and asked us to dress it. She said we could do anything we wanted to with it. I have to admit, at first I was not excited about making this block.


But, look at it! I just love it. I used fusible web so it was not that difficult or time consuming. Again I did the blanket stitch. I used black because I thought it would outline it and really set it off. The reason I went with the green background was to contrast with the pink. I couldn't be happier with it.


I am a chronic procrastinator. I started these two blocks yesterday and got up at 4 AM this morning to finish them. I got them done in time and I love both of them.




No comments: