Thursday, January 18, 2024

My Temperature Quilts

 

2022


2021

2020


I would love to share my past Temperature Quilts with you.

I first heard about Temperature Quilts in October of 2019, and I was immediately intrigued by the thought of making one. I am hooked. I have made one every year since.

2020



2020 was my first Temperature Quilt. I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to choose fabric for it. I still had the shop at the time, and you would not believe the bolts of fabric I had out all over the place. The shape represents the high temperature for the day and the background is for the low. I decided on a freehand gum drop for my high temperature of the day. This quilt is put together vertically. Each column is 3 weeks.



The gumdrops are machine applique and stitched around with clear thread. I had a couple special days that year. The day my first granddaughter was born I stitched around with pink thread and the day my daughter got married I stitched around with white thread.



2021



For 2021 I chose to use circles. I kept my fabrics to just 2 colorways, pink and blue. Here the circle is the high and the background the low. This one I pieced together horizontally. There is a white block at the start of each month. When I quilted it, I quilted in the name of the month.





2022



2022 is my favorite Temperature Quilt so far. But there is a strong chance 2023 could become my favorite. Anyway, I went with the circles again. For 2021 I loved the circles, but I can’t say I love the fabrics. I love everything about the 2022 quilt. The previous years the temperature never went below 15. So, when I had one night in January drop below 15 I needed to add another fabric. I chose that chartreuse green. And then we had two nights in December drop that low too. I just love how those nights really stand out because of the color of the fabric.





2023

I have been diligently working on my 2023 Temperature Quilt. I really want to get it done because I think I am going to love it, and I am looking forward to getting started on 2024. I don’t know what I will do for that yet, but I have been thinking a lot about it.

 

Blessings,

Candy


No comments: