Thursday, January 11, 2024

Fabulous Freehand Curves

 Diving In


I am diving more in depth to one of my finishes for last year. Cindy Grisdela came to my guild in July 2023, and I took her workshop, “Fabulous Freehand Curves.”  View Cindy's website here.




Cindy is a great teacher, and I loved all the different methods for freehand improv piecing that she taught. I think I will be using some of these techniques again.



If you are not able to take her workshop in person, then check out this book. Most of her techniques are included in it.



Here is a picture of my project while I was still working on it. As you can see, I was not finished implementing all the techniques she taught, and I shifted my blocks around.



I kept the quilting simple by starting in the middle and circling out. Initially I thought I would wiggle my line as I spiraled out but quickly decided I did not like the look of that. So, the quilting is not perfect, and I am okay with that. It is done.



My finished quilt ended up being about 24” square. That is a great size for a wall hanging or a table topper.




Remember at the beginning of the week I mentioned I had been sewing again. Here is a peak at what I was working on. I had to order fabric for the back and am waiting for that to arrive to quilt it. I can’t wait to get this one done.

 


Blessings,

Candy


No comments: