Monday, January 15, 2024

 

Have you ever heard of a temperature quilt?



I first heard about temperature quilts near the end of 2019. I immediately got hooked. I made my first temperature quilt for 2020, and I have been making one for each year since.

Guess I need to write a post about all my finished temperature quilts, but I need to take some good pictures of them first.

This past week I have been working on my 2023 quilt. I have never been this far behind on getting my temperature quilt done before. For 2023 I am doing triangles. There is one triangle block for each day. The triangle represents the high temperature for the day and the background represents the low temperature for the day. The unfinished block measures 3” x 4½”, so the finished triangle block will be 2½” x 4”.



It appears I am having a new love affair with Art Gallery Solids, and that is what all the fabric is in this quilt. To make fabric selection easier I bought the “Art Gallery Fabrics PURE Solids Color Chips” from Woven and Woolly. I used these for several projects I started last year. I absolutely love these color chips and believe it is one of the best quilty purchases I have made.

 Art Gallery Fabrics PURE Solids Color Chips


 Because I love these Art Gallery Color Chips so much, I recently bought the “Peppered Cotton Color Chips.”

Peppered Cotton Color Chips


I chose a different fabric for every 5 degrees. Don’t you just love the color of these fabrics? And because they are Art Gallery, they feel as good as they look.



I have all my fabric cut and each day bagged by month. Now I just need to get them all sewn together. I now have everything pieced through June. So, I am well on my way.



Here are some of my blocks for January. I am so excited to get this done. I am determined to stick with it and get it done soon.

 




Blessings,

Candy

No comments: