Thursday, January 4, 2024

2023 Finishes

 

It is January 4th and I have not done any sewing or quilting yet this year, but I am not going to let that keep me from posting. I am committing to this blog. Remember, I am doing this for me.

I had very few finishes last year, so I am going to share them now.

In 2022 I was on the ball with my Temperature Quilt. I finished my 2022 Temperature Quilt in January of 2023. I plan to do a future post highlighting my Temperature Quilts. I have been making a Temperature Quilt each year since 2020.



In my Modern Bee we made postcards to mail to another member. This is my postcard that I put in the mail. I made this out of an orphan block from an earlier project.



In March I took a class with Barbara Cline. This isn’t technically finished, but the top is done. Not only is the top done, but I made two of them. These are for the twin beds in one of my guest bedrooms. Hopefully I will get them quilted this year.



In July I took a class with Cindy Grisdela. The workshop was “Fabulous Freehand Curves.” Initially I thought I would make 9 or 12 blocks to make a throw. In the end I went with just 4 blocks so I could get it done. The completed quilt measures about 24 inches square. I figured small and done is better than one more UFO.



In October I took a class with Eleanor Levie. The workshop was “Weave a Quilt With Me.”  I used the same fabrics that I used in the previous class I took. Again, I made my project smaller to “git r done.”



My final quilt project for the year was my Modern Bee Challenge. Each member drew a color card. It was a blind draw, and I was fortunate to get a color that I love. Honestly, I did not have much time to spend on this project so once again it was a “git r done” kind of project. For the most part I am happy with it, except for the quilting. Maybe some day I will go back and do some more quilting on it.



Sadly, that is about all the personal sewing and quilting I did in 2023. I am looking forward to much more time spent in my studio this year. 

Blessings,

Candy

No comments: