Friday, February 25, 2011

UFO for February is Quilted


I am participating in Judy's UFO Challenge 2011 here at Patchwork Times. For February #10 was chosen. This is my UFO #10. 


It was pieced in 2005 and features 2 large print fabrics by Jane Sassaman.


I absolutely love her fabrics and am very pleased with how this quilt turned out.


I had never seen a Jane Sassaman print until I went to Washington state to visit my sister in 2004, and I immediately fell in love.


We really seem to be behind the times as far as fabrics go here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.


About 2 years ago our guild sent around a survey asking if there were certain types of programs or speakers we would like to have come in. I requested Jane Sassaman thinking like that would never happen. Well, she is coming in August and I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!


One reason I have put off quilting this is that I did not want to mess it up. Turns out I am very happy with it. One little flaw though: If you look at the picture of the entire quilt you will see one block set wrong. As many times as I have looked at this over the years I never noticed that until I saw it in the picture. Did you see it before I pointed it out?



On the back I put this Valorie Wells print that I have had since 2005. I never really knew what to do with it so here it is on the back.

Sunday I am leaving for retreat and will get it bound there before the end of the month.

1 comment:

lauraboehl said...

Candie,
your mistake adds charm. That is a beautiful quilt.